24 April 2009

Hi My Name is Carrie and I am:

1). A News Junkie. That's right. I'm house sitting for some friends who are in Austrailia for a month and they have a dish. (I don't have cable or a dish because I'm not home enough to watch it and justify paying for it...) So while I've been house sitting I've been glued to FoxNews and CNN. Randomly enough I hop between the two. And I pretty much don't watch anything else. Unless I find an awesome rerun of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Then I'll deviate from my news consumption.

2). A Pop Music lover. Unabashedly I've had a love affair with pop music since I was... I have no idea how old I was. But it started young. It started with Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey. Then it morphed into *N Sync, the Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears and Christina Aguliera and Kelly Clarkson. Now it's gone international: Wang Lee Hom (he can be pop when he wants..) F4, 183 Club, Arashi... I love pop music! (For the record, I don't just love pop music. I love rock, classic rock, oldies, rap, hip hop, r&b... pretty much anything besides thrash metal.)

3). A romantic deep down. Although I still don't see myself as a traditional romantic (ie I'm not a chick who likes red roses, being treated like a princess... that kind of thing) I still like romance. But as I've gotten older, had my heart broken... I've discovered I appreciate the subtleness of love. Big gestures can be nice (however, they do kind of weird me out personally...) I love the simple things. A bouquet of hand picked flowers. Someone cleaning my car (since it's a mess this would be a true act of love!). A collection of photos put together in a frame. Someone holding my hand. Someone not afraid to stand up to me. A kiss to the forehead. A smile that shows me I was on their mind. Comittment that when it gets hard, he won't leave. That's what I'm looking for. And I don't think it's impossible.

4). An Old Soul. It's much more fun for me to watch black and white movies, musicals, pretty much anything made before 1965 that is cheesy, has dancing and singing. Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Ginger Rogers, Grace Kelly, Rita Hayworth, Van Johnson, Clark Gable, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Any movie by Hitchcock, Rex Harrison, Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn, Judy Garland... And so many more! They made great movies worth watching.

5). A geek. I've become obsessed with learning random things on my computer. Latest purchase: video editing software that I am going to spend the better part of the next two weeks learning how to use. And I am so excited. For being an extorvert, I'm suddenly craving some time by myself and my computer and endless opportunites to make mini movies.

6). A Person who is more vulnerable than I let on. I present a pretty tough exterior. I've had my heart broken a lot. Not just by a fiance or a boyfriend but by friends, backstabbers, coworkers. I'm sure everyone has. But this tough outside, protects a heart that is actually quite sensitive. A heart that doesn't want to hurt but understands hurt is part of life. A heart that wants to be vulnerable but is afraid to open because it doesn't know if it can take one more rejection.

7). A crazy woman. I want to experience and do so much. I have so many varied and wide interests I sometimes wonder what I was meant for in life. I'm learning a new language (Korean), I know sign language, I'm learning to edit videos. For my job I'm learning how to utilize the internet for advertising. I'm working with radio stations. I'm talking with magazines across the country. And I love it all. Even though I stumble and fall through life, I'm learning to pick myself up and keep going. Because I know the end result will be worth it if I just keep going.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say this is why we are friends, because despite differences on some levels we have so much in common! :) I agree on your assessment on romance, something I have learned on what romance really is, its cherishing another person and its in the small little things they do...like running to the store, when you worked all night to bring your fiancĂ© benadryl because she had an allergic reaction...which Kyle did for me this morning, or that I needed specific color plates for a bridal shower one Wal-Mart was out and he went to the other one across town looking for me….that is romance. :)
    I am the old soul as well…there are so many great movies there, and the music…its just amazing! It was an era of class. :)
    What video editing program do you have? I love making videos! I have to make mine for the wedding! Oh my….lots get it done. But its so addictive. I would love to honestly do that full time and would be so happy to do so. I’d love to see some of your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg we are freaking twins. dude. totally understand number 6 (and others but wow, 6)

    ReplyDelete